Skip to main content

'Perfect' Aubameyang the Premier League's best striker - Guendouzi



Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been the best striker in the Premier League this season and is "perfect" to play with, according to his Arsenal team-mate Matteo Guendouzi.
Aubameyang's goal against Brighton and Hove Albion on Boxing Day took his tally for the season to 13, the most in the division.
The Gabon international also has three assists to his name and Guendouzi, who has become a regular in his first campaign at Emirates Stadium, lavished praise on the former Borussia Dortmund talisman.
"He's helping us a lot because he scores so much," Guendouzi told Sky Sports. "For me he is the best striker in the Premier League this season and if he keeps scoring as much in the second half of the season, I know we will finish really high in the table.
"As a midfielder it's a pleasure to play with someone like him, it's easy because he has so many qualities.
"He can run behind, he's in the box in front of goal but he can also link up play and play with his back to his goal. For a midfielder this is perfect because he offers so many solutions.
Guendouzi has started in 11 of his 16 Premier League appearances and credits pre-season as being key in his ability to adapt to life at the club quickly after signing from Ligue 2 side Lorient.
"It's a club I have loved since I was a kid and I have always wanted to come here and achieve great things with Arsenal and realise my dreams," he added. "I want to do that now I am here, I want to win trophies; that is the most important thing for me.
"Although it doesn't feel like I had time to adapt, I did. The key was when we went on pre-season to Singapore we played friendly matches and I was able to show my qualities to the staff and my team-mates, that time was really precious because when we came back here it was much easier to adapt to the team and the staff.
"Everybody has helped me to integrate and be part of the club and for me to play without pressure, which I love to do. Because I started and played well from the beginning that helped me and my confidence for the games that followed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arsenal midfielder Ozil in doubt for Blackpool

Mesut Özil is in doubt for Arsenal's FA Cup third-round tie with Blackpool on Sunday. The German has not played since being substituted at half-time in the Boxing Day draw with Brighton. He has been sidelined with a knee injury ever since, missing out on matches against Liverpool and Fulham. And Emery has hinted he could spend another week on the sidelines to recover. When asked if Oil would be involved against the League One outfit, the Spaniard told reporters at London Colney: "This morning, he didn't train.

London club keen on signing £45m-rated France international

Arsenal desperate to sign PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot and set to battle with Chelsea, Barcelona and Liverpool for the player. Gunners have problems in the midfield as Aaron Ramsey preparing to change the working place and his replacement is necessary. France international is the best option in this situation as he started this season excellently and proved his greatness one more time. Unai will do everything to add him during this winter transfer window. Blues, Blaugrana and Reds also keen to sign him and there will be a real battle for the footballer. His price could increase and become much more. Rabiot is a product of the Parisians youth academy and spent his current career with them. He is one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1 and unchanged figure for the club.   In this campaign, Adrien already played 20 matches, scored 2 goals and made 2 assists in all competition. This is an impressive result and he can improve his consequences during th...

Emery admits Arsenal’s top four chances are over if they lose to Chelsea

Arsenal manager Unai Emery has admitted that his sides chances of finishing in the top four will be all but over if they lose to Chelsea at the Emirates tonight. The Gunners excellent 22 game unbeaten run now seems a long time ago, with the North London outfit taking just seven points from their last seven Premier League fixtures. Emery’s side are currently fifth in the table, six points behind fourth placed Chelsea. Speaking to the press ahed of tonights crunch clash Emery was asked about the possibility of Chelsea opening up a nine point gap between the sides and whether it would effectively end Arsenal’s chances of making the top four, to which he replied: “I think yes.’’ Emery told a pre-match press conference. “We had a big challenge against West Ham. And the reason is because we spoke about playing under pressure, which we have to do if we are to be competitive, and take this opportunity. It is a big ambition of ours to do that. “After our los...